Vodka Spicy Margarita
A vodka spicy margarita is a refreshing and delicious cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with vodka, lime juice, orange liqueur, and a touch of heat from a dash of jalapeno pepper. The combination of flavors is simply divine, and the drink is sure to please even the most discerning palate.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt, for rimming the glass
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- To rim the glass, rub a lime wedge around the outer rim of a margarita glass. Then, dip the glass in a shallow dish of kosher salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lime juice, orange liqueur, and jalapeno pepper. Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the margarita into the prepared glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
What makes the vodka spicy margarita special?
The vodka spicy margarita is special because it combines the refreshing flavors of lime and orange with a touch of heat from the jalapeno pepper. The result is a cocktail that is both delicious and unique.
History of the vodka spicy margarita:
The vodka spicy margarita is a relatively new cocktail, but it has quickly become a popular choice for margarita lovers everywhere. The drink is believed to have originated in Mexico in the early 2000s. It quickly spread to the United States and other parts of the world, and it is now a popular cocktail at bars and restaurants everywhere.
10 FAQs about the vodka spicy margarita:
- What is the difference between a vodka spicy margarita and a regular margarita?
A vodka spicy margarita is made with vodka, lime juice, orange liqueur, and a touch of heat from a jalapeno pepper. A regular margarita is made with tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and sugar.
- What is the best vodka to use for a vodka spicy margarita?
Any good quality vodka will work well in a vodka spicy margarita. However, some people prefer to use a vodka that has been infused with jalapeno flavor.
- What is the best orange liqueur to use for a vodka spicy margarita?
Cointreau is the traditional orange liqueur to use in a margarita. However, any good quality orange liqueur will work well.
- How much jalapeno pepper should I use?
The amount of jalapeno pepper that you use will depend on your personal preference. Some people prefer a mild margarita, while others prefer a more spicy margarita. Start with a small amount of jalapeno pepper and add more to taste.
- Should I rim the glass with salt or sugar?
Rim the glass with salt for a classic margarita flavor. Rim the glass with sugar for a sweeter margarita flavor.
- What is the best garnish for a vodka spicy margarita?
A lime wedge is the traditional garnish for a margarita. However, you can also garnish a vodka spicy margarita with a jalapeno pepper slice or a slice of cucumber.
- Can I make a vodka spicy margarita ahead of time?
Yes, you can make a vodka spicy margarita ahead of time. However, it is best to make it just before serving so that the flavors can blend together.
- How long will a vodka spicy margarita last?
A vodka spicy margarita will last for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. However, it is best to drink it within a few hours of making it for the best flavor.
- How many calories are in a vodka spicy margarita?
The calorie count for a vodka spicy margarita will vary depending on the ingredients that you use. However, a typical vodka spicy margarita will have about 250 calories.
- What is the best way to serve a vodka spicy margarita?
A vodka spicy margarita is best served chilled. You can serve it on the rocks or frozen.