- 2 ounces vodka
- 5 ounces orange juice, or to taste
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add the vodka and orange juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
What Makes the Vodka Orange Cocktail Special?
The vodka orange cocktail is a simple but refreshing drink that is perfect for any occasion. It is made with just two ingredients, vodka and orange juice, which makes it a great choice for people who are looking for a low-calorie or low-alcohol drink. The vodka orange cocktail is also a great choice for people who are looking for a drink that is easy to make. It can be made in just a few minutes and does not require any special equipment.
History of the Drink
The vodka orange cocktail is believed to have originated in the United States in the early 1900s. It is said to have been created by a bartender who was looking for a way to use up leftover vodka and orange juice. The cocktail quickly became popular and is now enjoyed by people all over the world.
- What is the difference between a screwdriver and a vodka orange?
A screwdriver is a cocktail made with vodka and orange juice. A vodka orange is a cocktail made with vodka and orange liqueur. The main difference between the two drinks is the addition of orange liqueur to the vodka orange. Orange liqueur is a sweet, citrusy liqueur that adds a more complex flavor to the drink.
- What is the best vodka to use for a vodka orange?
Any type of vodka can be used for a vodka orange, but some people prefer to use a vodka that has a smooth flavor. Some popular vodkas for vodka oranges include Smirnoff, Absolut, and Grey Goose.
- What is the best orange juice to use for a vodka orange?
Any type of orange juice can be used for a vodka orange, but some people prefer to use a freshly squeezed orange juice. Freshly squeezed orange juice will give the drink a more vibrant flavor.
- How much orange juice should I use for a vodka orange?
The amount of orange juice you use for a vodka orange is up to personal preference. Some people like to use a 50/50 ratio of vodka to orange juice, while others prefer to use more vodka or more orange juice.
- Can I add anything else to a vodka orange?
Yes, you can add other ingredients to a vodka orange, such as:
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
- Lime juice
- Simple syrup
- How should I serve a vodka orange?
A vodka orange can be served on the rocks, with ice, or blended. It can also be served with a garnish, such as an orange slice, a cherry, or a lime wedge.
- How many calories are in a vodka orange?
The number of calories in a vodka orange depends on the ingredients you use. A basic vodka orange made with 2 ounces of vodka and 5 ounces of orange juice has about 150 calories.
- How much alcohol is in a vodka orange?
A basic vodka orange made with 2 ounces of vodka and 5 ounces of orange juice has about 10% alcohol by volume (ABV).
- Is a vodka orange a good drink for pregnant women?
No, a vodka orange is not a good drink for pregnant women. Alcohol can cross the placenta and harm the developing fetus.
- Is a vodka orange a good drink for people who are trying to lose weight?
A vodka orange can be a part of a healthy diet, but it is important to be mindful of the calories and alcohol content. A basic vodka orange made with 2 ounces of vodka and 5 ounces of orange juice has about 150 calories.