- 400g cherry.
- 200g caster sugar.
- 70cl bottle vodka.
- Slit the cherries, but don’t cut them in half.
- Put in a pan with the sugar and 150ml water, then heat, stirring gently, until the juices run and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, then spoon into a large bottle or jar.
- Add the vodka and mix well.
- Seal, then leave for 4 weeks before drinking to let the flavours steep.
- For ice cold vodka, keep the bottle in the freezer (it won’t freeze solid) or simply decant into a carafe, if you like.
What Makes Vodka Cherry Cocktail Drink Special?
Vodka cherry is a delicious and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. The sweet and tart flavors of the cherries are perfectly balanced by the vodka, making for a drink that is both enjoyable and easy to drink. Vodka cherry is also a relatively low-calorie cocktail, making it a good choice for those who are watching their weight.
History of the Drink
Vodka cherry is a relatively new cocktail, first appearing in the early 2000s. The drink quickly became popular, and today it is one of the most popular cocktails in the world. Vodka cherry is often served as a pre-dinner drink or as a dessert drink.
- What is vodka cherry?
Vodka cherry is a cocktail made with vodka and cherries. The cherries are typically macerated in the vodka for several weeks, which gives the drink its sweet and tart flavor.
- What are the ingredients for vodka cherry?
The ingredients for vodka cherry are:
- How do you make vodka cherry?
To make vodka cherry, you will need to:
- Slit the cherries in half.
- Add the cherries to a jar or bottle.
- Add sugar and water to the jar or bottle.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the vodka to the jar or bottle.
- Seal the jar or bottle and let it sit for 4 weeks.
- Strain the vodka cherry and enjoy!
- What is the alcohol content of vodka cherry?
The alcohol content of vodka cherry varies depending on the brand of vodka and the amount of cherries used. However, most vodka cherries have an alcohol content of around 20% ABV.
- What are some ways to serve vodka cherry?
Vodka cherry can be served on its own, or it can be used in a variety of cocktails. Some popular ways to serve vodka cherry include:
- On the rocks
- With club soda
- In a Shirley Temple
- In a Manhattan
- What are some of the health benefits of vodka cherry?
Vodka cherry has a few potential health benefits. Cherries are a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Vodka is a low-calorie alcoholic beverage, which can be a good choice for those who are watching their weight.
- What are some of the risks associated with vodka cherry?
Vodka cherry is an alcoholic beverage, and as such, it can be addictive. Alcohol can also lead to a number of health problems, including liver damage, heart disease, and cancer.
- Who should not drink vodka cherry?
People who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not drink vodka cherry. Alcohol can cross the placenta and harm the fetus, and it can also be passed through breast milk.
- What is the best way to store vodka cherry?
Vodka cherry should be stored in a cool, dark place. It can be stored in the refrigerator or in a cupboard.
- How long does vodka cherry last?
Vodka cherry can last for several months if it is stored properly. However, the flavor will start to deteriorate after about 6 months.