- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz fresh strawberry puree
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2-3 basil leaves
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice. Shake until well mixed and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a strawberry and a basil leaf.
What makes Strawberry Basil Martini Cocktail drink special: The combination of sweet strawberries and refreshing basil creates a unique and delicious flavor profile. The fresh ingredients make for a light and refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for summer sipping.
History of the drink: The Strawberry Basil Martini is a modern twist on the classic martini. It’s unclear exactly when and where the recipe originated, but it has gained popularity in recent years as a refreshing and fruity cocktail option.
- Can I use frozen strawberries for this recipe? Yes, frozen strawberries can be used in place of fresh strawberries if necessary.
- Can I use dried basil instead of fresh basil? Fresh basil is recommended for this recipe, but if dried basil is all you have on hand, you can use it. Just use about 1/4 of the amount called for in the recipe.
- Can I substitute another type of liquor for the vodka? You can experiment with other types of liquor, such as gin or tequila, but it will change the flavor of the cocktail.
- Is the simple syrup necessary? The simple syrup is used to add sweetness to the cocktail. If you prefer a less sweet drink, you can reduce the amount of simple syrup used or omit it altogether.
- Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemon juice? Fresh lemon juice is recommended for the best flavor, but bottled lemon juice can be used if necessary.
- How do I make fresh strawberry puree? To make fresh strawberry puree, simply blend fresh strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Can I muddle the basil instead of shaking it with the other ingredients? Yes, you can muddle the basil leaves in the bottom of your shaker before adding the other ingredients. This will release more of the basil flavor.
- Can I make this cocktail in advance? It’s best to make this cocktail fresh, but you can make the strawberry puree and simple syrup ahead of time and store them in the fridge.
- What kind of glass should I use for this cocktail? A chilled martini glass is the traditional choice for this cocktail.
- What other cocktails can I make with strawberries? Strawberries are a versatile cocktail ingredient and can be used in many different cocktails, such as strawberry margaritas, strawberry daiquiris, and strawberry mimosas.