The Spiced Pear Sour Spritz Martini Slush is a refreshing and boozy cocktail that combines the flavors of pear, lemon, vodka, and sparkling wine. It is a perfect drink for a hot summer day, or for any occasion when you want something a little bit special.
- 2 ounces pear-flavored vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce spiced pear syrup (see recipe below)
- 4 ounces chilled sparkling wine
- Ice cubes
- Pear slices, for garnish
- Combine the vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, and spiced pear syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with pear slices.
What makes it special?
The Spiced Pear Sour Spritz Martini Slush is special because it combines the flavors of pear, lemon, vodka, and sparkling wine in a refreshing and boozy way. The spiced pear syrup adds a touch of sweetness and warmth, while the sparkling wine gives the cocktail a light and refreshing finish.
The Spiced Pear Sour Spritz Martini Slush is a relatively new cocktail, but it has quickly become a popular choice for summer drinks. It is believed to have been created by a bartender in New York City in the early 2010s.
10 FAQs about the Spiced Pear Sour Spritz Martini Slush
- What is the difference between a Spiced Pear Sour Spritz Martini Slush and a regular pear sour?
A regular pear sour is made with pear-flavored vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. The Spiced Pear Sour Spritz Martini Slush adds spiced pear syrup and sparkling wine to the mix, which gives it a more complex and flavorful profile.
- What is spiced pear syrup?
Spiced pear syrup is a simple syrup that is infused with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. It can be purchased online or at some specialty stores.
- What type of pear should I use for this cocktail?
Any type of pear can be used for this cocktail, but Bosc pears are a good choice because they have a firm texture that holds up well in cocktails.
- Can I make this cocktail without sparkling wine?
Yes, you can make this cocktail without sparkling wine. Simply omit the sparkling wine and add an additional ounce of pear-flavored vodka.
- What is the alcohol content of this cocktail?
The alcohol content of this cocktail will vary depending on the brand of vodka and sparkling wine that you use. However, it is typically around 20% ABV.
- What is the best way to garnish this cocktail?
The best way to garnish this cocktail is with pear slices. You can also garnish it with a star anise or a cinnamon stick.
- What is the best way to serve this cocktail?
This cocktail is best served chilled. You can serve it in a rocks glass or a martini glass.
- How long will this cocktail keep?
This cocktail will keep for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. However, it is best to drink it within 2 hours of making it.
- What are some other variations of this cocktail?
Some other variations of this cocktail include the following:
- Spiced Pear Margarita: This cocktail is made with tequila, spiced pear syrup, lime juice, and orange liqueur.
- Spiced Pear Mojito: This cocktail is made with white rum, spiced pear syrup, lime juice, mint, and club soda.
- Spiced Pear Sangria: This cocktail is made with red wine, spiced pear syrup, fruit, and sparkling wine.
- What is the best occasion to serve this cocktail?
This cocktail is perfect for any occasion, but it is especially good for summer parties, brunches, and holidays.