Vodka Sex on the Beach Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- 3 oz orange juice
- 1/2 oz peach schnapps
- Orange slice or cherry for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add the vodka, cranberry juice, orange juice, and peach schnapps to the glass.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with an orange slice or cherry.
History of the Vodka Sex on the Beach
The origin of the Sex on the Beach cocktail is unclear, but it is believed to have been created in Florida during the 1980s. The drink quickly became a popular cocktail around the world, and remains a classic cocktail to this day.
10 FAQs about the Vodka Sex on the Beach
- What is the origin of the name “Sex on the Beach”? The origin of the name “Sex on the Beach” is unclear, but it is believed to have been inspired by the drink’s combination of fruity flavors and its popularity as a beachfront cocktail.
- What type of vodka is typically used in a Sex on the Beach? The type of vodka used in a Sex on the Beach can vary, but a neutral, unflavored vodka is generally preferred.
- Can the peach schnapps be substituted with another type of liqueur? Yes, the peach schnapps in a Sex on the Beach can be substituted with another type of liqueur, such as triple sec or amaretto.
- Is the Sex on the Beach typically served with food? The Sex on the Beach can be served as a refreshing drink on its own or paired with a variety of foods depending on the occasion.
- Can the sweetness of the Sex on the Beach be adjusted? Yes, the sweetness of the Sex on the Beach can be adjusted by adding more or less peach schnapps or by using a different type of fruit juice.
- Can the Sex on the Beach be made in advance? Yes, the Sex on the Beach can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Is the Sex on the Beach a popular cocktail outside of the United States? Yes, the Sex on the Beach is a popular cocktail in many countries around the world, particularly in beachfront destinations.
- Is the Sex on the Beach a difficult cocktail to make? No, the Sex on the Beach is a simple cocktail to make and can be easily customized to suit individual preferences.
- Is the Sex on the Beach a low-calorie cocktail option? The calorie count of a Sex on the Beach will depend on the type and amount of vodka used, as well as the amount of juice and liqueur. However, the drink is generally considered to be a relatively high-calorie cocktail option.
- What are some variations of the classic Sex on the Beach recipe? Variations of the classic Sex on the Beach recipe include the addition of flavored syrups, such as raspberry or blueberry, or the substitution of the vodka with another spirit, such as rum or tequila.