Vodka Sea Breeze Recipe
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 4 oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice to the glass.
- Stir well.
- Optional: garnish with a lime wedge.
History of the Vodka Sea Breeze
The Sea Breeze is a classic cocktail that originated in the 1920s. It is believed to have been created in the United States, although the exact origin is uncertain. The drink is a variation of the Cape Codder, which is made with vodka and cranberry juice. The addition of grapefruit juice to the Sea Breeze gives it a more tangy and refreshing taste.
10 FAQs about the Vodka Sea Breeze
- Can the grapefruit juice in a Sea Breeze be substituted with another fruit juice? Yes, the grapefruit juice in a Sea Breeze can be substituted with other citrus juices, such as orange or lemon juice.
- Is fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice necessary for a Sea Breeze? Fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice is ideal for making a Sea Breeze, but canned or bottled grapefruit juice can also be used.
- Can a Sea Breeze be made without cranberry juice? While cranberry juice is an essential ingredient in the classic Sea Breeze recipe, it can be omitted or substituted with another juice.
- Is the lime wedge in a Sea Breeze essential? No, the lime wedge in a Sea Breeze is optional, although it can add a nice touch of citrus flavor to the drink.
- Can a Sea Breeze be made in advance? Yes, a Sea Breeze can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Can a Sea Breeze be served on the rocks? Yes, a Sea Breeze can be served on the rocks, although it is traditionally served over ice in a highball glass.
- Are there variations of the classic Sea Breeze recipe? Variations of the classic Sea Breeze recipe include the addition of other citrus fruits or flavorings, such as pineapple or mint.
- Can the sweetness of a Sea Breeze be adjusted? Yes, the sweetness of a Sea Breeze can be adjusted by adding more or less cranberry juice or sweetener.
- Is a Sea Breeze a low-calorie cocktail? A Sea Breeze is a relatively low-calorie cocktail, as long as it is made with unsweetened grapefruit and cranberry juice or a low-calorie sweetener.
- Is a Sea Breeze a popular cocktail outside of the United States? The Sea Breeze is a popular cocktail in the United States, but it is also enjoyed in other parts of the world with a love for refreshing, citrusy drinks.