Vodka Root Beer Float Martini Recipe:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 oz root beer schnapps
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add vodka, half-and-half or heavy cream, root beer schnapps, and vanilla extract. Shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
What makes Root Beer Float Martini special: The Root Beer Float Martini is a fun and unique twist on the classic American treat. It combines the flavors of root beer and vanilla ice cream in a cocktail form, making it perfect for a dessert or a fun party drink. The addition of vodka gives it an extra kick, making it a perfect drink for adults.
History of the drink: The history of the Root Beer Float Martini is unclear, but it likely originated in the United States. The combination of root beer and ice cream has been a popular dessert in America for over a century, and it’s possible that someone came up with the idea to turn it into a cocktail.
- Can I use any type of root beer for this cocktail? Yes, you can use any brand of root beer that you like.
- Can I use vanilla ice cream instead of vanilla extract? No, you should use vanilla extract for this recipe to prevent the drink from being too thick.
- Is this cocktail sweet? Yes, this cocktail is sweet due to the root beer and vanilla extract.
- Can I use whipped cream from a can instead of making my own? Yes, you can use whipped cream from a can if you prefer.
- Can I make this cocktail in advance? It’s best to make this cocktail fresh and serve immediately, as the whipped cream may start to melt.
- Can I make this cocktail without alcohol? Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version of this cocktail by simply omitting the vodka.
- Can I substitute the half-and-half or heavy cream with milk? No, using milk instead of half-and-half or heavy cream will make the cocktail too thin.
- Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of vodka? Yes, you can experiment with different types of alcohol, but it may change the flavor of the cocktail.
- Can I use a different type of glass to serve this cocktail? Yes, you can use any type of glass you prefer, but a martini glass is traditional.
- Can I add additional flavors to this cocktail? Yes, you can add additional flavors like chocolate syrup or caramel sauce for extra sweetness.