What is it?
The Raspberry Bourbon Smash Fizz Martini Slush is a refreshing and delicious cocktail that combines the flavors of raspberry, bourbon, and fizz. It is made with fresh raspberries, bourbon, simple syrup, lemon juice, club soda, and ice. The raspberries are muddled to release their juices, and the other ingredients are shaken together until well-chilled. The cocktail is then topped with club soda and garnished with raspberries and mint.
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1.5 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces club soda
- Muddle the raspberries and mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the simple syrup, bourbon, and lemon juice.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with raspberries and mint.
What makes it special?
The Raspberry Bourbon Smash Fizz Martini Slush is a special cocktail because it combines the tartness of the raspberries with the sweetness of the bourbon and the fizz of the club soda. The result is a refreshing and delicious drink that is perfect for a hot summer day.
History of the drink
The Raspberry Bourbon Smash Fizz Martini Slush is a relatively new cocktail, but it has quickly become popular. It is thought to have originated in the United States in the early 2000s. The drink is often served at weddings, parties, and other special events.
10 FAQs about the Raspberry Bourbon Smash Fizz Martini Slush
- What is the difference between a raspberry bourbon smash and a raspberry bourbon fizz?
A raspberry bourbon smash is a type of julep, which is a cocktail made with spirits, sugar, and mint. The raspberries are muddled to release their juices, and the other ingredients are shaken together until well-chilled. A raspberry bourbon fizz is a variation of the raspberry bourbon smash that includes club soda.
- What type of bourbon should I use in a raspberry bourbon smash?
Any type of bourbon can be used in a raspberry bourbon smash, but a smooth bourbon with a hint of sweetness is a good choice. Some popular bourbons for this cocktail include Maker’s Mark, Knob Creek, and Jim Beam.
- Can I use frozen raspberries in a raspberry bourbon smash?
Yes, you can use frozen raspberries in a raspberry bourbon smash. However, fresh raspberries will give the cocktail a more intense flavor.
- What is the best way to garnish a raspberry bourbon smash?
A raspberry bourbon smash can be garnished with fresh raspberries, mint leaves, or a lemon twist.
- Can I make a raspberry bourbon smash without alcohol?
Yes, you can make a raspberry bourbon smash without alcohol by substituting non-alcoholic versions of the ingredients. For example, you can use non-alcoholic bourbon, sugar-free simple syrup, and club soda.
- How long will a raspberry bourbon smash last?
A raspberry bourbon smash will last for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Can I make a raspberry bourbon smash ahead of time?
Yes, you can make a raspberry bourbon smash ahead of time. However, the raspberries will lose their flavor if the cocktail is stored for more than a few hours.
- What is the alcohol content of a raspberry bourbon smash?
The alcohol content of a raspberry bourbon smash will vary depending on the type of bourbon used. However, most raspberry bourbon smashes have an alcohol content of around 20%.
- Is the raspberry bourbon smash a good cocktail for beginners?
Yes, the raspberry bourbon smash is a good cocktail for beginners. It is easy to make and has a delicious flavor.
- Where can I buy a raspberry bourbon smash?
The raspberry bourbon smash is not a common cocktail, so you may have to make it yourself. However, some bars and restaurants may serve it.