Vodka Pink Lemonade Martini Recipe:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz pink lemonade
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- Splash of grenadine
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice and add all the ingredients.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
What makes Pink Lemonade Martini Cocktail drink special: The Pink Lemonade Martini is a refreshing and slightly sweet cocktail that is perfect for summertime. It combines the tartness of lemon with the sweetness of pink lemonade and a splash of grenadine for a beautiful pink hue. The triple sec adds a subtle orange flavor that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
History of the drink: There isn’t much history behind the Pink Lemonade Martini specifically, but the concept of combining lemonade with alcohol has been around for quite some time. Lemonade was often used as a mixer for gin during the prohibition era in the United States, and has since become a popular mixer for vodka-based cocktails as well.
- Can I use regular lemonade instead of pink lemonade in this cocktail? Yes, you can substitute regular lemonade for the pink lemonade if you prefer.
- Is triple sec necessary in this recipe? Triple sec adds a subtle orange flavor that complements the other ingredients, but you can leave it out if you don’t have any on hand.
- Can I use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled? Fresh lemon juice is always preferred, but bottled lemon juice will work in a pinch.
- Can I make this cocktail in advance for a party? Yes, you can mix a large batch of the cocktail in advance and chill it until you’re ready to serve.
- What kind of vodka is best for this cocktail? Any high-quality vodka will work well in this cocktail.
- Can I use lime juice instead of lemon juice? While the flavor will be slightly different, you can substitute lime juice for the lemon juice if you prefer.
- How much grenadine should I use? A splash of grenadine is all that’s needed to give the cocktail a nice pink hue.
- Can I use a sugar rim on the glass? A sugar rim would complement the sweetness of the cocktail nicely, but it’s not necessary.
- Can I add more pink lemonade to make the cocktail sweeter? You can adjust the amount of pink lemonade to your taste, but be careful not to add too much or the cocktail may become too sweet.
- Can I add soda water to make the cocktail fizzy? You can add a splash of soda water if you prefer a slightly fizzy cocktail, but it’s not necessary.