The Maple Bacon Old Fashioned Martini Slush Spritz is a unique cocktail that combines the flavors of maple syrup, bacon, bourbon, and sparkling wine. It is a sweet and savory drink that is perfect for a cold winter night or a summer barbecue.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce maple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/4 ounce bacon-infused simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 ounces club soda
- Garnish: Bacon strip, orange slice, maraschino cherry
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, maple syrup, lemon juice, bitters, and bacon-infused simple syrup.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a bacon strip, orange slice, and maraschino cherry.
What makes it special?
The Maple Bacon Old Fashioned Martini Slush Spritz is special because it combines the flavors of maple syrup, bacon, bourbon, and sparkling wine in a unique and delicious way. The maple syrup adds a sweetness that balances out the savory flavors of the bacon and bourbon. The sparkling wine adds a touch of fizz that makes the cocktail refreshing and light.
The Maple Bacon Old Fashioned Martini Slush Spritz is a relatively new cocktail, but it has quickly become popular. It was first created by bartender Chris Hannah at The Violet Hour in Chicago in 2012. Hannah was inspired to create the cocktail after trying a bacon-infused Old Fashioned. He wanted to create a cocktail that would be both sweet and savory, and he thought that the addition of maple syrup and sparkling wine would be the perfect way to achieve that balance.
10 FAQs about the Maple Bacon Old Fashioned Martini Slush Spritz
- What is a spritz?
A spritz is an alcoholic drink that is typically made with sparkling wine, a bittersweet liqueur, and a splash of soda water.
- What is bacon-infused simple syrup?
Bacon-infused simple syrup is made by cooking bacon in sugar and water until the sugar dissolves and the bacon flavors the syrup.
- What is the best bourbon to use for this cocktail?
Any good-quality bourbon will work well in this cocktail. However, some good options include Maker’s Mark, Knob Creek, or Jim Beam.
- Can I use a different type of sparkling wine?
Yes, you can use a different type of sparkling wine in this cocktail. Some good options include Prosecco, Cava, or Champagne.
- Can I make this cocktail without the bacon?
Yes, you can make this cocktail without the bacon. However, the bacon adds a lot of flavor to the cocktail, so you may want to try it with the bacon before you omit it.
- Can I make this cocktail ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cocktail ahead of time. However, you will need to add the sparkling wine just before serving, as the carbonation will dissipate if you add it too early.
- How long will this cocktail last?
This cocktail will last for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. However, the flavors will be best if you serve it within 2 hours of making it.
- What is the best way to garnish this cocktail?
The best way to garnish this cocktail is with a bacon strip, orange slice, and maraschino cherry. However, you can garnish it with any other garnish that you like.
- What is the alcohol content of this cocktail?
The alcohol content of this cocktail is approximately 20% ABV.
- Where can I buy this cocktail?
You can buy this cocktail at some bars and restaurants. However, it is also easy to make at home.