Recipe for Lavender Martini:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz lavender simple syrup
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 oz triple sec
- lavender sprig (garnish)
- Combine all ingredients (except for the garnish) in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lavender sprig.
What makes Lavender Martini Cocktail drink special:
The Lavender Martini is a unique cocktail with a delicate floral flavor and aroma. The key ingredient, lavender simple syrup, gives the cocktail a beautiful lavender hue and adds a subtle sweetness to the drink. The combination of vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, and lavender creates a perfect balance of flavors that is both refreshing and relaxing.
History of the drink:
The origins of the Lavender Martini are not clear, but it is likely that the cocktail was created as a modern twist on the classic Martini. The use of lavender in cocktails has become increasingly popular in recent years, as bartenders experiment with different herbs and botanicals to create unique and flavorful drinks.
10 FAQs about Lavender Martini:
- What is lavender simple syrup?
Lavender simple syrup is a mixture of sugar, water, and lavender buds. The mixture is simmered on the stove until the sugar has dissolved and the lavender flavor has infused the syrup. The syrup is then strained and used as a sweetener in cocktails and other beverages.
- Can I make lavender simple syrup at home?
Yes, the lavender simple syrup can be easily made at home with just a few ingredients. There are many recipes available online, and the syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Can I use dried lavender buds to make the syrup?
Yes, dried lavender buds can be used to make lavender simple syrup. However, fresh lavender buds are recommended for a stronger and more aromatic flavor.
- What type of vodka should I use for a Lavender Martini?
Any high-quality vodka can be used for a Lavender Martini. It is recommended to use a vodka with a smooth and clean taste, as the lavender flavor is delicate and can be easily overpowered by a harsh vodka.
- Can I substitute the lemon juice in the recipe for lime juice?
Yes, lime juice can be used as a substitute for lemon juice in the Lavender Martini recipe. However, the flavor of the cocktail will be slightly different.
- Can I use lavender bitters instead of lavender simple syrup?
Yes, lavender bitters can be used in place of lavender simple syrup. However, the flavor of the cocktail will be slightly different, as bitters have a more concentrated flavor than simple syrup.
- Is the Lavender Martini a sweet cocktail?
The Lavender Martini is a slightly sweet cocktail, due to the use of lavender simple syrup in the recipe. However, the sweetness is balanced by the tartness of the lemon juice and the dryness of the vodka.
- Can I add other ingredients to the Lavender Martini?
Yes, the Lavender Martini can be customized with other ingredients to suit your taste preferences. For example, some people like to add a splash of cranberry juice for a fruity twist.
- Is the Lavender Martini a popular cocktail?
The Lavender Martini is not as well-known as some other classic cocktails, but it has gained popularity in recent years as more people discover the unique flavor and aroma of lavender.
- What type of glass should I serve the Lavender Martini in?
The Lavender Martini is traditionally served in a chilled martini glass