- 2 ounces vodka
- 1-ounce lavender simple syrup
- 1-ounce lemon juice
- Club soda, to top
- Lavender sprigs, for garnish
- Combine vodka, lavender simple syrup, and lemon juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled glass over fresh ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with lavender sprigs.
What makes the Lavender Fizz Cocktail special?
The Lavender Fizz Cocktail is a refreshing and flavorful cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of vodka, lavender simple syrup, and lemon juice creates a unique and delicious drink that is sure to please. The lavender simple syrup adds a touch of sweetness and floral flavor, while the lemon juice provides a tart and refreshing finish. The cocktail is topped with club soda for a light and bubbly texture.
History of the drink
The Lavender Fizz Cocktail is a relatively new cocktail, but it has quickly become a favorite among cocktail enthusiasts. The drink was first created in the early 2000s by a bartender in New York City. The bartender was inspired to create the drink after trying a lavender lemonade at a local cafe. The bartender loved the combination of lavender and lemon, so he decided to create a cocktail that would incorporate those flavors. The Lavender Fizz Cocktail was an instant hit, and it quickly became a popular drink at bars and restaurants all over the world.
10 FAQs about the Lavender Fizz Cocktail
1. What is lavender simple syrup?
Lavender simple syrup is a simple syrup that is infused with lavender flowers. To make lavender simple syrup, you will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lavender flowers
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lavender flowers.
- Let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup and discard the lavender flowers.
2. What type of vodka should I use?
Any type of vodka will work in this recipe, but a good quality vodka will make the best drink. I recommend using a vodka that is smooth and has a light flavor.
3. What type of lemon juice should I use?
Fresh lemon juice is best for this recipe. If you don’t have fresh lemon juice, you can use bottled lemon juice, but the flavor will not be as good.
4. What type of club soda should I use?
Any type of club soda will work in this recipe, but I recommend using a club soda that is bubbly and refreshing.
5. Can I use a different type of alcohol?
Yes, you can use a different type of alcohol in this recipe. Some good options include gin, tequila, or rum.
6. Can I make this cocktail ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cocktail ahead of time. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher and chill. When you are ready to serve, pour the cocktail over ice and garnish with lavender sprigs.
7. How long will this cocktail last?
This cocktail will last for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
8. What is the best way to garnish this cocktail?
I like to garnish this cocktail with lavender sprigs. You can also garnish it with lemon slices or lime wedges.
9. What is a good food pairing for this cocktail?
This cocktail is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Some good food pairings include:
10. What is the alcohol content of this cocktail?
The alcohol content of this cocktail will vary depending on the type of alcohol you use. However, a typical Lavender Fizz Cocktail will have an alcohol content of about 15%.