Vodka Kamikaze Recipe
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 0.75 oz triple sec
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka, triple sec, and lime juice to the shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Optional: garnish with a lime wedge.
History of the Vodka Kamikaze
The Vodka Kamikaze is a popular cocktail that was first introduced in the United States during the 1940s or 1950s. The drink’s origins are uncertain, but it is believed to have been inspired by the Japanese kamikaze pilots who carried out suicide attacks during World War II.
10 FAQs about the Vodka Kamikaze
- What is triple sec? Triple sec is a type of orange-flavored liqueur that is commonly used in cocktails. It is made from sweet and bitter orange peels.
- Can the vodka in a Kamikaze be substituted with another spirit? Yes, the vodka in a Kamikaze can be substituted with another clear spirit, such as gin or white rum.
- Is the lime juice in a Kamikaze essential? Yes, the lime juice in a Kamikaze is essential, as it provides the cocktail with its signature tartness.
- Can a Kamikaze be served on the rocks? Yes, a Kamikaze can be served on the rocks, although it is traditionally served in a chilled martini glass.
- Is a Kamikaze a strong cocktail? Yes, a Kamikaze is a strong cocktail, as it contains a significant amount of alcohol.
- Can a Kamikaze be made in advance? A Kamikaze can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Are there variations of the classic Kamikaze recipe? Variations of the classic Kamikaze recipe include the addition of other flavorings, such as fruit juices or syrups, or the substitution of the vodka with another spirit.
- Can the sweetness of a Kamikaze be adjusted? Yes, the sweetness of a Kamikaze can be adjusted by adding more or less triple sec or sweetener.
- Is a Kamikaze a popular cocktail outside of the United States? Yes, the Kamikaze is a popular cocktail around the world, particularly in countries where vodka is a popular spirit.
- Can the lime garnish in a Kamikaze be substituted? Yes, the lime garnish in a Kamikaze can be substituted with other citrus fruits such as lemon or orange.