Vodka Cape Codder Recipe
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add the vodka and cranberry juice to the glass.
- Stir well.
- Optional: garnish with a lime wedge.
History of the Vodka Cape Codder
The Vodka Cape Codder is a simple and refreshing cocktail that originated in the New England region of the United States. It was first created in the 1940s, and its name comes from Cape Cod, a popular vacation destination in Massachusetts known for its cranberry bogs.
10 FAQs about the Vodka Cape Codder
- What is the difference between cranberry juice cocktail and 100% cranberry juice? Cranberry juice cocktail is a sweetened beverage that contains a mixture of cranberry juice, water, and sugar. 100% cranberry juice, on the other hand, is a pure and unsweetened juice made solely from cranberries.
- Can the vodka in a Cape Codder be substituted with another spirit? Yes, the vodka in a Cape Codder can be substituted with other clear spirits, such as gin or white rum.
- Can a Cape Codder be made with fresh cranberries? Yes, a Cape Codder can be made with fresh cranberries, although most recipes call for cranberry juice.
- Is the lime wedge in a Cape Codder essential? No, the lime wedge in a Cape Codder is optional, although it can add a nice burst of citrus flavor to the drink.
- Can a Cape Codder be made in advance? Yes, a Cape Codder can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Can a Cape Codder be served on the rocks? Yes, a Cape Codder can be served on the rocks, although it is traditionally served over ice in a highball glass.
- Are there variations of the classic Cape Codder recipe? Variations of the classic Cape Codder recipe include the addition of other flavorings, such as mint or ginger, or the substitution of the cranberry juice with another fruit juice.
- Can the sweetness of a Cape Codder be adjusted? Yes, the sweetness of a Cape Codder can be adjusted by adding more or less cranberry juice or sweetener.
- Is a Cape Codder a low-calorie cocktail? A Cape Codder is a relatively low-calorie cocktail, as long as it is made with unsweetened cranberry juice or a low-calorie sweetener.
- Is a Cape Codder a popular cocktail outside of the United States? The Cape Codder is a popular cocktail in the United States, but it is less well-known in other parts of the world.