Recipe for Candy Cane Martini:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz white crème de menthe
- 1 oz half-and-half
- Crushed candy canes for garnish
- Crush candy canes in a ziplock bag using a rolling pin.
- Wet the rim of a martini glass and dip into crushed candy canes to coat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, peppermint schnapps, white crème de menthe, and half-and-half.
- Shake well and strain into the candy cane-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a small candy cane.
What makes Candy Cane Martini Cocktail drink special: Candy Cane Martini is a festive and refreshing cocktail that is perfect for the holiday season. The combination of peppermint schnapps and white crème de menthe gives the drink a cool and minty flavor, while the half-and-half adds a creamy texture. The crushed candy canes on the rim and as a garnish give the drink a sweet and crunchy finish.
History of the drink: The history of Candy Cane Martini is unclear, but it likely originated as a festive holiday drink that became popular in the United States. Peppermint schnapps and white crème de menthe have been used in cocktails for many years, and the addition of candy canes adds a playful and seasonal touch.
- Can I use any type of vodka in a Candy Cane Martini? Yes, you can use any type of vodka you prefer. However, a plain or vanilla-flavored vodka will work best with the other ingredients.
- Can I make a non-alcoholic version of Candy Cane Martini? Yes, you can substitute the vodka and schnapps with non-alcoholic versions or with peppermint extract for a non-alcoholic version.
- Can I use regular milk instead of half-and-half? Yes, you can use regular milk, but it will result in a thinner consistency.
- How do I crush candy canes for the rim and garnish? Place the candy canes in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to crush them into small pieces.
- Can I use a different type of candy for the rim and garnish? Yes, you can use any type of candy you prefer, but peppermint candy canes are traditional for this cocktail.
- Can I make Candy Cane Martini ahead of time? It is best to make the cocktail fresh before serving, but you can prepare the crushed candy cane rim and garnish ahead of time.
- Can I use a different type of glass for Candy Cane Martini? Yes, you can use any type of martini or cocktail glass you prefer.
- How strong is Candy Cane Martini? Candy Cane Martini is a moderately strong cocktail with an alcohol content of approximately 20% ABV.
- Can I adjust the amount of peppermint schnapps and crème de menthe to my taste? Yes, you can adjust the amount of each ingredient to your taste preference.
- Is Candy Cane Martini only for the holiday season? While Candy Cane Martini is traditionally served during the holiday season, it can be enjoyed year-round as a refreshing and minty cocktail.